Monday, October 29, 2012

Crawfish Chowder......fat free as possible!!

Ok so since coming into my husbands family I've been introduced to one of the most delicious ways to use crawfish......CHOWDER!!! I'm pretty sure that each one of my SIL's and MIL have their own recipes....well this is mine. Easy and as fat free as I could get it.....lol!!! Enjoy!!


unsalted butter
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
2 pounds frozen crawfish, cleaned
2 (10.75 ounce) cans health smart cream of potato soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
4 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
2 cups fat free half-and-half cream
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

One thing about frozen crawfish is that it can be "fishy"....gross. So what I do is I rinse of crawfish in colander until water is clear, then I take a lemon and squeeze the juice of the whole lemon on them while their in colander, mix around and just let them sit until you need them. Then rinse and use!!

Directions

Melt 6tbsp of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute green onions in butter until tender. Remove from pan, and set aside. In the same skillet sauté the crawfish for a couple of minutes; set aside.

Combine potato soup, mushroom soup, corn, and cream cheese. Mix well, and bring to a slow boil. Stir in half-and-half, sautéed green onions, and crawfish. Season with cayenne pepper. Bring to a low boil, and simmer a couple of minutes to blend flavors.

ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment