Sunday, January 5, 2014

Crockpot Beef and Broccoli

So most of you know that I love Asian food. I love sesame seed chicken, lemon chicken, fried rice and most of you know that one of my favorites is Chinese Inn in Louisiana. I really wanted Chinese food this evening especially beef and broccoli but I was not feeling good and I honestly didn't feel like cooking. But I thought that maybe I could make beef and broccoli in the crockpot. Which I have not made too many crockpot meals. I'm not a big huge fan of the crockpot. But it definitely comes in handy when you don't feel like standing in the kitchen cooking. In our freezer we always have a roast and frozen vegetables so I knew that I had the basics. And in my pantry is always soy sauce and ginger and garlic and basically all the things that you need to make Asian food. I also made beef and broccoli already in the blog but I decided this time instead of water I would replace it with beef broth which would give it more flavor and depth.  I hope you enjoy this crockpot meal. Enjoy......and Eat on!!!

Ingredients:

1 lb. beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips

1 cup beef beef broth

1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce

1/3 cup brown sugar(darker the better but use what you have)

1 tbsp sesame oil 

3 garlic cloves, pressed

1 tsp ground ginger

1/2 tsp fresh minced ginger

2 tbsp. cornstarch

2 tbsp. of the crockpot sauce

Frozen broccoli florets

White rice, cooked

Directions:

Preheat crockpot on high. 

In a bowl whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic and ginger. 

Add your slices of beef and stir. 

Add beef and sauce to the crockpot. TURN DOWN TO LOW and cook on low for 4 hours. 

Once done, whisk together cornstarch and cooking liquid, into a bowl and pour into crockpot, stir to mix well. Add brocollii. Cook on low for an additional 25 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. 

We served over regular white rice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment