Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Greek stuffed Skirt steak

As you know if you know US, Ben is counting macros and I just got back serious with losing weight......if you didn't now you do. LOL!!! Well it gets extremely boring eating chicken breast all the time so I needed steak tonight but I just didn't want it on the grill I needed flavor, I needed depth but most importantly I needed something different besides the same thing!!! So I decided that I should stuff the steak and that's what I did!!! So I stuffed it with some of our favorite ingredients. We love Greek food!!! So here it is!!! Enjoy......and Eat On!!!

Ingredients:

Skirt steak, trimmed
1 package of frozen spinach, thawed
4 tblsp pesto plus extra for outside(homemade or bought) 
1 cup fat free feta cheese(or nonfat free) 
4 metal skewers 

DIRECTIONS
Wring out in a towel the thawed spinach to get the water out. Try to get as much of that water out. 
Now I cut our skirt steak in half because it was huge but if you don't have a big piece feel free to keep whole. Smear pesto on inside of steak. Place feta next and then finally the spinach. Roll then skewer. Smear outside with more pesto. Place on grill and grill for about 10-13 minutes. A little longer if you want completely well done throughout the steak but we cooked ours for 10-13 minutes, outside was well and center was medium.  I served ours with a simple Greek vinaigrette salad.



 

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment