Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Chicken Argentine

I love my cast iron skillet and I try to figure out ways that I can use it EVERYDAY. So today I had a whole chicken thawed and I slapped that bad boy in my cast iron skillet and voila...dinner. 

This chicken is juicy and has crispy skin with the great flavor of that fantastic Argentinean condiment, chimimchurri. 

Simply seasoned with kosher salt and pepper this chicken is flawless!!! Enjoy and.....Eat on!!!

Ingredients:

Whole chicken
3 lemons
10 cloves of garlic
Chimimchurri 
Oregano

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Clean and wash out bird, taking out all innards. Pat dry. Then season generously with salt and pepper. Stuff bird with 5 cloves of garlic and 1/2 of one lemon.  

Place bird in cast iron and put the garlic and lemons around and on top. Coat with chimimchurri and sprinkle oregano on top. 

I like placing butter pats(squares) on top and around my chicken, that's optional.


Place foil on top and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Then remove foil and baste it in its own drippings. Also add more chimimchurri onto the chicken. Place back in oven uncovered for 30 mins. 

Take bird out and let rest. Carve and Enjoy. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment