Sunday, February 8, 2015

Biscuit bake

Ok so yes I am Mormon and being LDS there is a certain relationship with the word casserole and it gives me the shivers.....lol!!! So that's why I didn't want to call this a casserole because it's so much better than any casseroles I ever ate growing up. My husband has this internal struggle with anything called by the term casserole so I decided that this recipe which is totally inspired by my mom should not be put in that genre. So here it is my Biscuit Bake. This recipe served my family of 5 but we had leftovers. 

INGREDEINTS:

1 can of flaky biscuits 
6 large eggs
1/2 cup half and half
Breakfast sausage, browned and crumbled
White mushrooms, diced 
Gruyere cheese, fresh grated 
Salt and pepper, to taste 
Parsley 

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350. Place biscuits at the bottom of a 9x13 pan. 

Place the sausage crumbles evenly on top of the biscuits.

Mix eggs, half and half, mushrooms, salt and pepper together. Pour on top of the biscuits and sausage. 

Sprinkle cheese. Then parsley. 

Bake for 15 mins or until eggs are cooked and biscuits are golden brown. 

Serve immediately. 







No comments:

Post a Comment