Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Jalapeño Cheese Bread

Soooo since I've known Ben he has constantly bragged about how awesome and perfect his mothers jalapeño cheese cornbread is and no matter how many times I have tried i can't do it!!!! Ahhhh it's so frustrating, not to brag but I can pretty much make anything and everything BUT I can't seem to make this!!!! 

But tonight I think I got it ant least I think....lol!! At least I like it sooo here you go...

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more, room temperature for pan
1 1/2 cups yellow or white cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour (leveled)
6 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. fine salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup half and half 
3 large eggs(room temp)
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar
1 cup chopped drained pickled jalapenos

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a pie plate. In a large mixing bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. 

In another bowl, whisk together melted butter, buttermilk, and eggs. 

Add half and half mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined (do not overmix). 

Stir 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar and jalapenos into batter. Transfer batter to pan and smooth top. Top with more grated cheddar.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack, before serving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment