Saturday, June 21, 2014

Bananas Foster French toast

For Fathers Day I wanted to make Ben something special.....I know he lives French toast(which is on blog) but I didn't want the same toppings as I usually do. I also know he likes bananas sooo being from Louisiana I think of two things when it comes to bananas: 1. Banana pudding and 2. Bananas Foster.  Knowig that banana pudding probably wouldn't be the greatest topping for French Toast I decided on latter. So enjoy this wonderful recipe....and if you ever put banana pudding on top of your French toast please let me know!!! Enjoy.....and Eat on!!

INGREDIENTS: 

1/4 cup butter

2/3 cup dark brown sugar

1/2 tablespoons rum extract or 3 tablespoons real rum for you 

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3 bananas, peeled and sliced 

1/4 cup chopped walnuts or whichever but you prefer

Directions

In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar, rum, vanilla and cinnamon. When mixture begins to bubble, place bananas and walnuts in pan. Cook until bananas are hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve over French Toast. 





No comments:

Post a Comment