Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Coconut Curry Chicken

I have always wanted to eat Indian food but my number one problem was that I didn't know where a good place to go was AND of I didn't like it it would be a waste of time and money. So I decided to try to make my own. I know the basic flavored of India and I know that have a fantastic. Read, naan. So here it is my experiment of Indian cuisine....and I must say so myself that I was FANTASTIC!!!! Enjoy......and Eat on!!!!

INGREDIENTS: 

2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 tbsp  EVOO
1 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp curry powder
1 cup coconut milk
pinch cayenne
Fresh limes, cut into wedges

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Trim fat from chicken breasts. And place in a ziplock bag. 
  2. Mix all remaining ingredients except limes.
  3. Add chicken and marinade to a large bowl or ziploc bag and chill in the refrigerator for up to two hours.
  4. Once you are ready to cook the chicken, remove each breast from the marinade.
  5. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.  Boil continuously for at least 2 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
  6. Grill chicken.
  7. Sprinkle with fresh lime juice. Serve with sauce on the side and naan(Indian bread, recipe on blog)




No comments:

Post a Comment